Magda Rakita is a documentary photographer based in Cambridge, UK. She works with the media and NGO’s worldwide; her personal projects focus on health and social issues that affect women, children and the older generation. In 2013, Magda successfully completed MA course in Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at the London College of Communication, graduating with a distinction. In her work she also employs multimedia and participatory projects.
UK mobile: +44 7775 80 40 65
Exhibitions and shows:
- 2016 - "My liver is bleeding" Dublin.
- 2016 - "My liver is bleeding" London.
- 2015 - Angkor Photo Festival, projection. (www.angkor-photo.com)
- 2015 - Warsaw Photo Days, multimedia screening. (www.warsawphotodays.com)
- 2015 - Portrait Salon, London
- 2015 - Minsk Photo Month, multimedia screening. (www.mfm.by)
- 2015 - "Space girls, space women", Paris (www.spacewomen.org)
- 2015 - KLPA, Kuala Lumpur (www.klphotoawards.com)
- 2014 - 8x8 Festival, Dublin (www.stand.ie/8x8)
- 2014 - KLPA 2014, Kuala Lumpur (www.klphotoawards.com)
- 2014 - The Female Gaze exhibition in Leeds, UK (www.thefemale-gaze.tumblr.com)
- 2013 - graduation exhibition at London College of Communication - 31º (www.31degrees.net)
- 2013 - Ian Parry Scholarship Awards group exhibition (www.ianparry.org)
- 2012 - Postcards from the Gringo Trail at National Geographic Store London (www.nglondonstore.co.uk)
© 2017 Magda Rakita Photography